Friday, August 06, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

Or TILT as I like to refer it to. I know, It's actually actually Friday right now. Though I worked a double shift today at work and was unable to make it home in time to write this blog on time. My apologies.

Alrighty, my first thing is something that I have been forgetting to write about on TILT for weeks! I recently found out about a new feature to Disney. I have never been so excited for something Disney related.
I will give you a link, please watch it. Disney World of Color. This new feature is added to Disney Land in California. It's a show with water fountains, music, video projections of Disney clips, and.... *drum rolll please* LIGHTS!!! Ahhhh!!! You have no idea how bad I would not only LOVE to go see this show, but also one day work with it. Talk about an epic job. Just sayin'.

I start school in three and a half weeks, and I looked up my book prices online and found out they're super inexpensive. Which is kind of nice since I'm used to paying about one hundred dollars per book, now my most expensive book was $49, and my least expensive one was $6. Woot!

Speaking of school. Valencia is hosting a poetry/writing/art/photography contest. I entered a photo, and I plan on entering a poem. Although I have been having a tough time figuring out which poem to enter, even though I can enter multiple, I believe that if my writings are good I only need one to win. Maybe anyway.

At work we server desserts on a dessert cart. Some of them are in mason jars. A carrot cake in a mini mason jar, and a lemon meringue pie in a mason jar. I though that was quite creative of them, and wanted to share. I would love to take that idea if I ever hosted a party and felt like making fancy stuff for it. So if you'd like to take that idea too, you can. Here's a sample photo of what I'm referring to: Mason Jar Dessert. You can also use other things like wine or cocktail drink glasses with the same idea.

The weather this week has been much more bearable outside. Actually, it has been quite lovely, almost enough to make me want to take a walk around the neighborhood. Well, if I felt completely safe by myself of course, hypothetically. haha.

Sun Pass, and being able to easily drive through a toll area without having to wait in a terribly long line. Also, finding out that the tolls roads make my trip from work only twenty minutes, max. Rather than forty minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.

Working a ton, cause I need the hours. Yay!

Wednesday was the Orlando International Airport Hyatt's 18th Birthday! It was wonderful cause they were serving New York Strip Steak in the cafeteria. It made my week!

Hearing a song and being inspired to write a blog. You can look forward to that one, it will have something to do with Beauty.

Monday I made homemade macaroni and cheese. It was pretty great. Though I do have to mention that the recipe called for plain yogurt, and I only had vanilla. Note to self: never substitute this ever again. Haha.

Olive Garden's soup, salad, and bread stick lunch deal. So smart, and so yummy!

There's this frozen yogurt place I tried this last Monday called iKiwi, located in the UCF area. It's like a frozen yogurt buffet. You get your own frozen yogurt, add as much or as little toppings as you would like, then they weigh it to see how much it cost. If you're ever in the area, try iKiwi!

Friends. Old Friends, Best Friends, New Friends, Work Friends. I love them all.

Alright, I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend in general.
Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate it tons and tons!
Love you all,
KatrinaMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment