Who or what do you think of when you hear the word King?
There's so many different things the work King represents. Dictionary.com's first definition says: a male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.
Who or what are you thinking of? For example I know about thirteen different ones.
- Cards, King of Hearts, King of Diamonds, King of Spades, King of Clubs.
- Burger King, not only the restaurant, but the ever so popular mascot.
- Chess King. He's not the very best piece to hold, but he is pretty important.
- Checkers King. This of course is great to have in checkers, you know you're doing well when you've got a few of these stacked up.
- King Tut, if you enjoy learning some history about the Egyptians you know who I'm talking about. If not, please go back to 6th grade and pay attention when your teacher is teaching history.
- King Arthur. The movie was released in 2004 receiving three awards and seven nominations. Or the legendary British leader who, according to Medieval histories and romances, led the defense of Britain against Saxon invaders in the early sixth century....Yeah.
- Motorcycles, the Suzuki B-King, the ultimate street bike!
- Lion King. Yes, Disney has tons of Kings, but I think the most famous of them is the Lion King. [come on, it's in the title of the story, all the other kings are just there because of the princesses]
- King Crabs! Also called Stone Crabs or Paralithodes Camtschaticus. [I totally know how to pronounce those words... O_o ] They're pretty scary, Google them!
-King.com! It's a website for games! Free Games, and they give out 300,000 in daily prizes...*Cough*in Euro money*Cough*
- For you avid readers out there, Stephen King. He wrote over one hundred and fifty written works! That's amazing!
- King Instruments! Trombones, Saxophones, Trumpets, Tubas, etc...
When I hear or read or whatever of the word King. I think of the Jesus. The one who died for all of mine, and the worlds past, present, and future sins. Although the very typical "King" reference is of a man in royalty who is in charge of a kingdom. He wears a fancy red robe, wears a fancy golden crown, and gets only the best of the best castle, food, and servers waiting on him hand and foot.
Jesus is King, but he wore a different type of crown.
The Crown of Thorns is mentioned four different times that I am aware of in the bible: Matthew 27:29, Mark 15:17, John 19:2, John 19:5. All of them being incidents where Jesus was either being mocked or was on his way to getting crucified. I mention this because King is such a powerful position. I think of Jesus as my King because He is he ruler of my life, He is in charge! Jesus is not King just to be a ruler, He is King because He Loves us, and wants only the very best for our lives. When we make Him the ruler, Him the one to make the plans, then we live in His will. God's will. God's will isn't about following a set of rules and regulations, it's about creating a relationship with God and through getting to know His character and His personality for yourself and then you will eventually overflow with God's character.
Matthew 23: 25-28 says:
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
So my question for you is. Who or what have you made King in your life? And I don't ask this to see how clean your outside is, I ask to see how your heart is doing? Are you willing to give God your heart and mind so He can live through you? So he can comfort you, bless you, protect you, provide for you, heal you, etc..
Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
God wants nothing but the absolute best for you! And since He is a gentleman, He will never force anything upon you. Which means you may have to reach out to God, let Him know you want Him to help you, you want Him to have control, you want to live in His will. It's a promise that He'll be there when you seek Him. So I ask again, Who or what is your King? And how important is your King to your life?
Thanks for reading my blog,
I appreciate is mucho lots!
Love You All,
Thanks to Google, Imdb.com, and Wikipedia for some interesting facts about King's. Oh, and of course the Bible(NIV). =]]]
Also, I painted that painting at the top of this blog. Like it?