Monday, May 24, 2010

A picture can flicker


A picture is worth a thousand words. [As the ever so popular phrase goes.]
[No, this photo is not the one I'm referring to. It just fits this blog well.]

Tonight, I got angry. Really angry. Angry enough that I had such a deep desire to punch someone. enough to make them bleed. Not a random person, and honestly, not just one person.
Sometimes my mind gets so full of rage I have a hard time resuming myself from this angry... fixation.
Instead I compile scenarios of what I'm going to do now that I am angry. I suppose to get revenge.
Thankfully I was interrupted.
And you know who interrupted this... mere feeling/thought...

God, of course.
He repeated: Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Do you think I wanted to hear this? HECK NO!!!
I wanted to hurt somebody. I wanted to emotionally tear someone apart.
And to think, I saw a simple photo that set my anger ablaze. Not even something purposed to upset me, but I let myself get overwhelmed with angry from the memories of past anger by simple seeing a photo.

Although I still felt this anger, I forced myself to look up the scripture. 1 Corinthians 13:6
1 Corinthians 13 is all about love, God's Unconditional Agape Love.
And even though I still felt these feelings, I set my focus on love, His love! And then I remembered a quote that I cannot quote who said, but it's stuck with me for many years.
"Hate is easy, Love takes courage."
Now, I don't know how you feel, but I would like to live life courageously, not easy. [the lion would agree with me.]
The great thing about feelings is that they can be tamed. [And not tamed by man very well.] Once I stopped focusing on why I was angry, and what I could do to satisfy my anger.. and I started to look to help from God.. I started feeling better. I calmed down, and was able to put out the anger flame. I will not be controlled by my flesh. I would like to live out of my spirit. And the only way I can do that is by letting God handle my flesh issues, while I focus on His love, His grace, His mercy, His peace, His wisdom, and His comfort.
So if you find yourself, angry, sad, or whatever feeling that makes it hard to feel "loving"...
Surrender. Let God handle the mess, focus on Him, worship Him, love on Him. And as you take in the awesomeness of God's awesomeness [lol..totally a word, my spell check says so.] He will deal with your anger, sadness, etc... Trust that God knows what He's doing, without your help.
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment